What is Web Scriptorium?
Web Scriptorium is a two-day journey through the depths and riches of digital text.
Within two consecutive days we will talk about the emergence, development and the future of text on the Web. We will look at the relationship between words and data and at the way search engines "read", "understand" and fetch content.
In addition to theory, best practices, and self-study materials, at Web Scriptorium we will dedicate a special time for writing. During this window of inspiration married to understanding of the basic principles of online text, we will get our hands dirty with drafting blog posts, product pages and other common forms of text on the Web.
Is Web Scriptorium for you?
Web Scriptorium is for teams, small and big, seeking to look at content on the Web from a deeper perspective as to build richer relationships with audiences and walk towards a wider reach with textual ripples.
Web Scriptorium will invite creativity, inspiration and effectiveness to teams who seek to:
- Tinker with the mechanics and the magic of writing on the Web;
- Implement best practices to write content in-house;
- Create content that makes a dent on the Web.
On a less poetic note, Web Scriptorium is for anyone who creates, shares or works with texts on the Web.
Throughout presentations, writing sessions and live discussions, in Web Scriptorium teams learn:
- How to develop an editorial calendar;
- What are the main things without which web texts like blog post, product page, video script, newsletter, and other short texts on social media cannot live without;
- Where does authenticity grow within a brand’s voice in the textual content.
- Why having a content roadmap matters and how to build one;
- What are the recipes, if any, for good texts on the Web;
- What is the Semantic Web and why it matters;
What are the main threads running in Web Scriptorium?
Code, culture, conversations.